Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hmph!

I couldn't sleep at all last night. The heartburn was so bad. Today I threw up for no reason at all. I can barely walk from the pain in my hips and pelvis. I don't feel like eating, but I'm not really sick. I keep having contractions but they don't feel like they're "doing" anything. Right after I have a contraction, the baby moves around and does a jig which hurts like crazy! I predict, with all of these symptoms, that I will deliver on Tuesday...which puts me RIGHT WHEN MY SASSYSMARTYPANTS BROTHER-IN-LAW SAID I WOULD (he predicted, after looking me over at the party last Sat. night, "ten more days!"). Dang, I almost feel like holding the baby in there longer (self imposed bed rest?) just so he won't be right.

It would just be wrong if he was right.
If he's right, he should quit the construction business and go into the birthin' business.
Maybe he could be a midwife or a doula or something.