Friday, February 29, 2008

Butch: The Man, The Legend

I know that Butch is just so much more than a "father of 6 kids". I'm sure he's plenty proud of that title but I know that he's so much more than that. He's a good friend, a reliable neighbor, an honest and loyal worker, the best husband for Laura, a loving son, and an all-around great guy.

He turned 37 yesterday, all alone in another town (he'll be home early this afternoon, don't worry) and he's been having a lot of time to reflect on matters in his life and he has a lot of concern about our future. The best gift I can give him, at this point, is prayer (will you join me?). I pray for the blessings of God in his life. I pray that he will truly have the gift of discernment when it comes to his family. There has been a lot of upheaval in his life this past year and I pray for him to have peace with his guided decisions and the results of his decision making!

I love that guy, no matter how old and crotchety he gets. He is so funny and loving.
And...he's the father of SIX!