Friday, February 22, 2008

An Announcement

So, here's the dealio:

I've decided to take matters into my own hands. I won't risk going into labor in the middle of next week with Butch being out of town and unpredictable timing for care for the kids. I have a lung thing (from this UR Flu thingy that everyone in MN has...even the ones that got the wonderful, miracle flu shot...uh huh) that will make it harder to "BREATHE, BREATHE, BREATHE!!!!". Ugh.

I'm supposed to call the hospital at 6am on Sunday morning to see if they have "space" for me (hey, no jokes about my size, now!) because apparently, the hospitals in the St.Paul area are all full of birthin' people right now. So, I'm getting induced on my due date...Which is also my parent's 40th anniversary! That will make it an easy to remember birthday/anniversary for everyone in the family.

My sibs and their spouses are all going with my parents to a nice, German restaurant tomorrow night (to celebrate the anniversary) but I don't know if I'll go or not. The thought of eating that food (or even seeing/smelling it) kind of gives me heartburn. If I don't really have any contractions, and we can find someone to be with the kids, I might go. The thing is, it's in the opposite direction of the hospital and I REALLY don't like driving in the car with contractions, and we're already going to rely on other people to watch the kids in the next, few days.

Logistics. On the one hand, it's a good thing that he decided to stay in there until the end (so I know he'll be fully baked). On the OTHER hand, I'm still a little anxious about his size. All in all, I guess God knows what he's doing by making me wait until the last dog is hung because now, I'm to the point where I'm saying that the fear of the birth isn't as great as the discomfort of still being pregnant.

I know I've been a smart-a for the last several posts, but I really do love and welcome all of your prayers and well-wishes!

When I had Mari two years ago, I really could feel all of your prayers helping me through delivery. I know I put on a tough front, but I'm a huge wimp who doesn't like labor (any part of it) and I need all the help I can get. I humbly request your prayers for strength and bravery. Also, if I am to have lots of pain, that I can focus enough to use the suffering for the poor souls in purgatory and not be so self-centered in those moments.

Thank you.