Monday, November 05, 2007

Dangit

Well, I guess I officially lost the challenge now. No excuses. I just woke up at 2 am and realized that I didn't officially post for Sunday. Oh well. I was too worn out anyway! We had my sister, Anna and her new boyfriend over for dinner. We just bought half a cow so we were using up our steaks from last year. It was pretty good! No E-Coli or anything! Then we mostly took naps and relaxed. Perfect Sunday, if you ask me. I did get called into work (I struggle to get hours, there are a lot of moms who work there more consistently than me so I grab any hours I can!) from 5-8, which was kind of nice. I love helping people during store hours (I usually stock late at night) and love chatting with people about who they are buying for, what ages their children are, what looks good with what...I especially love it when I see a dad buying for the kids or a grandma or grandpa with the kids. I helped a big, huge dad with sort of a Russian or maybe Polish accent, help buy some things for a 3 year old and a 7 year old (boys) that would be "sent overseas". I wish I could be nosey sometimes and ask more questions of the customers, but they do have to finish their shopping sometime! It's pretty amazing how many international people come to the Outlet Mall and how many different languages and accents I hear when I work there during the day! 20 years ago, you would NEVER have guessed that we would have this much of the world represented on any, given weekend in this little ol' town!