Saturday, June 02, 2007

Just When I Was Ready To Throw In The Towel

I know Trine had just gone through the same thing last week , but nothing compares to witnessing the trifecta first hand! I am sooo glad I bought all those 4 dollar beach towels two weeks ago at Target, I tell you! Weazy was yesterday and both Niklaus and Mari are today. I'm glad they're getting it done in one day, but I've gotta go back to Target now for some more carpet cleaner and sanitizer. I would just like to say these words(usually considered profanity, but stay with me here)...God damn it, I mean it! God, PLEASE damn this horrendous, nasty virus back to the pits of hades from whence it must SURELY have originated! It is such a cruel virus to attack the little ones and not allow one, single drink of water for at least 20 hours. Even if they swallow their SPIT, they throw it up 2 seconds later! Niklaus probably prolonged his illness by a few hours by sneaking some water even after I told him it would just make him puke again 15 minutes later. I've lost count of how many times they've all let it go. We did have it twice this winter also, it's a very weird thing. I've heard of people all over getting it and I think this one is the one that once you've had it, you can't get it again or I would have been sick last week! I've just been ACTUALLY puked on all over my shirt and even some in my (gross alert) MOUTH! Nothing, not even a dry heave for me! Oh well, we'll get through this and come out on the other side of it barely remembering how horrible it was but in the mean time...IT SUCKS BAD.
Butch told me to get out of the house and go for a run but on my way around the block, I saw my new neighbor putting out his trash. The kids and I were so excited to hear that they had two 13 year old girls and an 8 year old boy (Analise is disappointed there's no one to match her) and it turns out they are Catholic and a REALLY nice family! We are going to have a great summer around here, I can tell already! OH...her name is Laura, too! So now we have 3 Laura's and 1 Lori all on the same street (that I know of). We'll definately have to have a block party this year. We keep threatening to do it but I think I have the energy this year to see it through.