Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Not So Funny *UPDATE

Here is the update from Michael Talley's PET scan:


Hi this is Mike and Nicole. We just came back from the doctors. The news was not good. I am back to square one. The cancer is still there, and just as big as before. This explains the swelling and pain I have been enduring. This is a very aggressive cancer. The doctor wants me to start another round of treatment. This time with three different types of Chemo at the same time. It will be very painful. This is one option. The other is to leave it in Gods hands, and treat the symptoms as they occur. We need some time to think about what's best for us and Mike. We thank you for all your love and support. Love Mike and Nicole

This is not good news for his family. I can't imagine the decisions they must make now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are a lot of people to pray for today. Our little friend Avery is getting palate surgery this morning (probably worked out alright but pray anyway please!).

Here are the last updated posts from Michael Talley:

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 04, 2009 08:18 AM, CST
Well, I just left Michael at the Mayo clinic for his two hour pet scan. It was so hard leaving him there by himself. They called his name and said okay we have him for two hours, see you then. I think we both thought we could sit together during prep time but I guess not. I could see how scared he was in his eyes. I told him keep praying, and he will never be alone, I am always with him. I also reminded him how many people are praying and thinking of him right now! I know he does not feel confident the cancer is gone, but I have faith that he is in remission. I guess we will find out very soon. Love Nicole


TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 03, 2009 12:44 PM, CST
Hello everyone! Well it's Tuesday, and we are getting ready to leave for the Mayo. To say I am scared is a huge understatement!! I don't know what the results will be, and to be honest I'm expecting some bad news. The amount of pain I have been enduring, along with the continuous sore throat, makes me think that. I know I am supposed to stay positive, but it is hard to do. I hope and pray that I am wrong, and the cancer is gone. Either way I will have some answers. So, thanks to everyone for their support, and prayers. We will write in here as soon as possible about the results. Till then God Bless, Love Mike


I also heard that Amy Welborn's husband died suddenly yesterday (at the gym). Butch is going to start running to train for the half marathon and he's going for his annual physical tomorrow. I'll feel better if he gets things a little more under control, asthma-wise.

It seems like we can never get out of winter without facing some sort of major loss and sorrow.