Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Then Suddenly...Fun Summer

We've been so busy this summer. I don't have a camera...but TRINA does so I've been driving her nuts with the "Hey! Trina! Grab your camera!"s every 10 minutes or so.

Here are some things we've been up to:
We took Jordan with us to the MN Zoo... Took a funny picture of drool face...
Went strawberry picking (these looked so good but they didn't taste very good for some reason. The ones we bought from the store from California were much better...you'll see them in a minute!)...
Took a picture of stinky grabby hands drool face...
Went to Rachie and Billy's wedding (I didn't blog about it but it was the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended! I didn't have my camera but the memories will last forever in my heart!)...
Took a funny picture of sleepy drool face...
We went for multiple trips in the bus despite the gas prices (we gotta get around town somehow and I don't have a bike trailer for an infant!)...
Took a picture of drooley face...
We went horseyback riding in the living room on a garage sale pony...
We dreamt about drooling...
I painted Kara's fingers (and everyone else's fingers and toes) for the holiday weekend...
We wiped some drool and took a cute picture of Tommy (he gets the crooked smile from me... the drool? I'm not saying where that might come from ;)...
We celebrated the fourth over at my brother, Nick's house (we were going to swim all day, thus the no make-up in this picture) so I made a fruit plate with chocolate dipped, star marshmallows and blueberries, and strawberries which I called (and now the kids call)...
"The Masterpiece"
Finally, we celebrated Weazy's birthday on the 6th...


(no actual puppies were bitten in the making of this photograph)



...and pretty much the 5th, 7th, 8th, and 9th (To hear her tell it, we barely celebrated it at all. Hmph.) Her "party" pretty much ran for several days including TWO sleepovers with Gabby and various friends flitting in and out.

Weazy turned 8 this year and I can't wait until she receives Our Lord in the Eucharist next spring! I know she is so ready and looking forward to the big event!

She has been my right hand woman this year with Thomas. She's always volunteering to do extra work around the house and does a fabulous job. She is such a good sister to Mari (who can be a handful!). Mari is learning how to draw from her and how to dress to match. She was/is also Mari's best cheerleader and helper in the quest for potty independence. I love that they are so close even though they are about 6 years apart. Weazy helps me with so much that if I had to pay her for every chore, I'd go broke! She is sweet and kind and has a good heart. She's the family "reporter" and is always on the lookout for misbehavior (I'm SURE this will come in handy someday...right now it's not always an appreciated trait by other members of the clan!). She has an eye for beauty and justice and is always making up fun games and using her imagination and dramatic flair to entertain her siblings.

Happy birthday, Analise!

Happy summer, everyone!