Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Were You There

Here is an update from the Michael Talley website for today. It really got me thinking about what I've done/not done for Lent. I don't think I'll ever look at it the same way again:

"Well, it's Tuesday. Some of my fears are being realized. I woke up this morning and I feel awe full. I'm constantly cold, to the point I put on my thermal underwear I use for hunting!! My stomach is very upset, to the point it's best not to be to far from the bathroom!! This was expected, just not welcomed. My spirits are good and I will continue to fight. Death is just not an option!! I go through cycles, being down, then up, but one thing seems to remain constant. My will to live. With God's help I expect to beat this. Others before me have gone through worse than me. That is something I need to try to remember on a daily basis! You know I complain about never eating again. Yet I am reminded that Jesus didn't eat or drink for 40 days. That's 40 days people. Who am I to complain about not eating solid food. He voluntarilygave up all of that for me. So... not to be to preachy, I am not feeling well, but I am fighting. If it be God's will I will overcome this disease and if I do I promise to God and all who read this I will be a better father, husband, christian. I look forward to paying forward all the wonderful things that have been done for me. It's the right thing to do. So.. thank you to everyone that hasn't given up on me. It means more than you know. Thank you to the people who write that don't even know me, from different states and what not. My love and thank yous to all of you. May God bless everyone of you that takes time out of their day just to think of me and my family. We love you all. God bless you all. Love Mike , Nicole, and the kids."


This is the husband of my friend from jr and high school who is suffering from a VERY aggressive form of throat cancer and going through a second round of high dose chemo. They have 4, beautiful, young children and could use your prayers and encouragement. They really do appreciate comments from everyone so please take the time to note something to them, no matter how small. I think it gives them strength to know they have so many people who care.