Thursday, April 16, 2009

Weird Day

We woke up to still-coughy kids yesterday so I knew we'd have a difficult day of cleaning, no school, un-cooperation...so Trine called and said she was going to the Como Zoo. I bagged it all and headed for the zoo! The weather was GREAT. The zoo? So-so but it was so lovely outside, we could have been looking at an inner city slum or something and we wouldn't have minded.

When we got home, I took the stroller out of the van and it opened then closed on my middle finger tip. I swore, ran in the house, ran it under cold water, swore some more (it REALLY hurt!), felt like puking, then PASSED OUT! I haven't done that since right after I had Trina. Weazy said she was really scared and that my eyes were wide open. Gross. When I came to, Butch was asking me if I needed anything and I was wondering what the heck I was doing on the floor. He said my electrolytes must be off or something from running. I don't think so, I think I was just so grossed out by the skin peeling away from my fingernail that I thought my fingertip could fall off and the thought of it was too overwhelming for me. I spent the rest of the night fighting that nausea and the pain of my finger.

Butch spent the overnight shivering and sweating with a fever, woke up with a very sore throat, and stayed home from work today. On a good note, Matty finally says he feels much better. He and Bocker are sounding more like boys than seals at the zoo. I fought going to the doctor, knowing they would probably just say "It's a virus...nothing we can do, give me 50 bucks.". I was worried about strep but the infection seemed to be way deep in their throats not like strep usually presents itself. They all fought it off themselves, so that's good. We are at about 60 percent now. I'm heading out to do my 9 miler that I missed yesterday because of my fainting adventure. It's going to be SEVENTY DEGREES TODAY WOOHOOOOOOO!