Wednesday, March 07, 2007

(+ update) REAL EMERGENCY ALERT!!!!! PRAY PRAY PRAY

This is the update I got in an email today about Matthew's surgery yesterday morning...keep praying for Matthew's pain and quick healing (I wish I could express more adequately what a wonderful and special child Matthew is, but I think it's evident in the unselfish behavior that his family describes in the email!):

Hello friends and family,

As you are all aware, Matthew's foot was amputated today.
He is now at (name of hospital deleted for privacy by laura)
He really is a trooper and too worried about his mother...and his
room-mate. After coming out of surgery, things were not fun until
his pain was under control. Once that was accomplished, he was
fine. He drew for a while (there's a turtle drawing contest),
and shared his gifts with the (cutest) little boy next to him.
We can not thank all of you enough for your prayers (and food),
as your prayers are carrying us through this time.
Upon arriving home tonight, my sister informed me that her husband
talked to someone who knew someone that went through this, but refused
to amputate. He died a few months later....as hard as this has been, we're
so thankful we still have our wonderful son and that all tests to date show
he is cancer free. (please continue praying, as he'll have another scan
in 2-3 months.) THANK YOU all.. God bless you for your thoughtfulness
and generosity.

Joe, Kelly and family


original post follows:

I just found out from his mom that Matthew has to have his foot removed tomorrow. The kids (hopefully Matthew included) will come over for a visit today and hopefully Matthew will enjoy one, last day with his foot until he has a new, bionic foot! Please pray to get him and his family through this really difficult time.

I have decided to do a Novena starting today for Matthew.
I chose the Infant of Prague because I always loved the statue in the crying room of Matthew's parish church. I think the child Jesus has a special place in His heart for the suffering children of the world.
Every hour today at the :45 mark for nine hours I will say...


INFANT OF PRAGUE NOVENA PRAYER


O Jesus, Who has said, "Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened," through the intercession of Mary, Your Most Holy Mother, I knock, I seek, I ask that my prayer be granted.

(Make your request)
O Jesus, Who has said, "All that you ask of the Father in My Name, He will grant you," through the intercession of Mary Your Most Holy Mother, I humbly and urgently ask your Father in your name that my prayer will be granted.


(Make your request)
O Jesus, Who has said, "Heaven and earth shall pass away but My word shall not pass away," through the intercession of Mary Your Most Holy Mother, I feel confident that my prayer will be granted.


(Make your request)
PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING

Divine Infant Jesus, I know You love me and would never leave me. I thank You for Your close Presence in my life.

Miraculous Infant, I believe in Your promise of peace, blessings, and freedom from want. I place every need and care in Your hands.

Lord Jesus, may I always trust in Your generous mercy and love. I want to honor and praise You, now and forever. Amen.

Please join me in this prayer and pray for Matthew's suffering and anxiety and for peace in the hearts of his family members!!!!!

Thank you all so much, if you could spread the word on your blogs, maybe others may pray for Matthew tomorrow, too!