Saturday, March 31, 2007

Another Beauty

We welcomed another niece into the family on Friday. Her name is Sofia Elizabeth and she was induced 9 days early and weighed 6lbs 2oz. She is as gorgeous as her siblings Roman and Lucia (don't all those names sound wonderful together!) and she will probably come home on Sunday. Please pray for my sister (the "in law" is too formal, she really feels like my actual sister) because she is suffering from a very painful kidney problem and with three little ones, the next few months (heck, years) won't be easy ones! This picture doesn't do Nellie justice (my SIL) but, after all, she DID just have a baby a few moments before it was taken! She is a beautiful woman with a HUGE heart and I'm so proud to call her "sister"...that, and she makes some CUTE babies!


Oh, I should probably mention my brother, Peter...he had something to do with the whole thing but...I forget what. (scratching head) Oh well, he was there (so I've been told...he's in the pictures so...) but I could barely notice him through all the other people that were there:
Nellie's mom, Beth...
her two sisters, Jolene and Jody...
Trine...
and me!
He might have just been an "extra" in the whole event, but Nellie is so glad for his support and love (He had to fight his way to her side through the whole delivery. It was kind of funny to see him trying to edge his way through the women to even give Nellie a kiss or brush her hair from her forehead! Just kiddin', Pete, you are a great daddy and you did a good job, too!). We have made quite a scene in that hospital ever since we started deliveries there (Trine's 4, Nellie's 3, and one of mine). Every time, I think, we've had at LEAST two other people besides the husband there to witness the new babies come into the world. The staff there might be getting annoyed, but they are very accommodating and we are getting very good at shrinking into the corner and being quiet and polite when the dr. or nurse comes into the room so no one gets "kicked out"! I LOVE being surrounded by my "posse" when the baby comes! After experiencing birth this way so many times (either me or witnessing my sis/sis-in-law) I imagine that only having Butch there would almost be depressing! No offense to Butch, it's just that the party atmosphere takes your mind off the pain and the worry of what is to come. A good friend of Nellie's was delivering down the hall (her first) and she said today to my sis that she heard the cheers when Sofia was born...everybody heard! Now THAT is a great way to come into the world...with a built-in fan club, joy, and more love surrounding you than you can possibly imagine!