Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dang That Pesky, Global Warming!

Didn't anyone else (besides me and the kids when we heard it on the radio) laugh their butts off when they heard about this? All you need to do is read the headline of the article.

Actual quote from the article:

"The goal of this expedition is to help you learn more about global warming; we realize that it is ironic that frostbite and the cold temperatures contributed to our return. But, please know that global warming is real, and with it can come extreme unpredictable changes in temperature. Evidence abounds within this region and in our few days here we already observed some of its evidence."

Seriously.
So...what she's saying is basically this:
"I realize what a doofus thing it is to say that the planet is warming when we are sitting there, (literally) freezing our toes off...but that's part of global warm...I mean, 'climate change'...yeah, that's the ticket...it causes all kinds of fluctuations in temperature and stuff. I'll tell you kids all about it, right after I thaw out my gear and unfreeze my eyeballs so I can blink again. After a week or so of being home, I fully expect to be able to close them after a few more days."

How embarrassing for Minnesota.

So sorry...we're not ALL like that, I promise!