Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I TOLD You I Was OLD

Conversation I had two weeks ago when I set up my level II ultrasound (which is tomorrow, say a prayer if you could, please?):


Scheduler: Okay, so, you know that this will be a two hour appointment, right?

Me: Oh, okay, I thought it was only about an hour...is it still okay that I bring my three, older children?

Scheduler: Oh yes, definitely! Okay now, it's two hours...the first hour will be for "genetic counselling"...

Me: What FOR? I don't really have any genetic issues in my family and I really don't think I need...

Scheduler: Oh, well, we always do "genetic counselling" for women of...

(ready for it?)...

"ADVANCED MATERNAL AGE".

Me: uh, uh, uh

Scheduler: Yes, I see here that you are 35, is that right?

Me: Um, Yeah (still in shock) but I JUST TURNED 35 this week!

Scheduler: Heehee, okay, but we do the "genetic counselling" everyone who is advanced maternal age, which is 35 and over...

Ugh. Not fair. SO not fair.