Sunday, July 29, 2007

Time For Tea

I met some really great MN bloggers in person yesterday!

Paula is a super cool chick from out in the boonies. She is a fiery, spicy gal that I totally relate to. I was so happy to meet her and hear all about her recent wedding and her struggles to get the Tridentine Mass said in her area. She's what you'd call "A Good Woman".

Mary is the sweetest, funniest, most open lady you could meet. She is unassuming and wide-eyed and wants to know all about you...and actually CARES what your answer is! She is expecting a baby and is just glowingly beautiful right now. I'm happy to have met her and enjoyed her company tremendously!

Tracy is not a blogger yet, but she knew some of the ladies from some homeschool message boards and I actually realized when I saw her in person that I had met her before. Her daughter and mine were in Little Flowers last year. She just had a little girl 3 months ago and I saw pictures. I hope to see her and her kids again soon and maybe help to get her involved in our homeschool group since she's been looking for one and she only lives a little ways away from us.

Margaret was the main photographer and got some good shots which she posted on her blog. I don't exactly know how I found her but I think it was a while ago off of someone else's blog and I was attracted to her "Minnesota Mom" moniker. I saw her on Danielle Bean's blog when Danielle came to MN for the homeschool conference and stayed with Margaret and they both posted pictures which I thought was cute. I guess when I first started to follow Margaret's blog, I was always hoping to meet her in person and I finally got to! She is so lovely, composed, and pretty. Very unlike me. But I admire someone who thinks before they speak and doesn't have to stick their foot in their mouth or stammer with a lot of "like"s and "ya know"s. She is so kind and hugged me TWICE when we parted which was really sweet and meant a lot to me. She has a way of making one feel special, and really listens to what you have to say (even if it's the idiotic stuff that comes out of my mouth). That is a very awesome quality!

One, funny thing that happened: At this table next to us, two older ladies were enjoying tea also. When we asked the hostess to take our picture a bunch of times "because this will be seen all over the world!" the ladies' ears perked up and they asked us how THAT would happen. After our picture was taken, we explained to them that this was the first time we had met in person and that we have known each other from the computer only up until this point. They stared at us blankly and went, "Ohhhhhh!". Heehee, it was kind of funny to see the wheels spin in their heads of how on earth that kind of thing could possibly happen! I thought about how I'll react to technological advances when I'm old(er) and how, even now, I'm mystified by text messaging and why the heck anyone would want to do that silly thing!

I hope I can meet more blogging friends in person in the future. It was a great experience. I hope I can get together with these particular ladies again someday soon! It's so nice to know that I can be a part of their lives as they share them on their blogs and in emails. Whatever the bad stuff on the internet, the good far outweighs! I would probably never have met or gotten to know so many wonderful people if it weren't for the blogs. I am so blessed!