Monday, February 26, 2007

One Year Ago Today...


I had the best birth experience I've ever had and gave birth to the lovely Mariela Katherine. I will link here for anyone who wants to read about it since it only happened a YEAR ago, it's the only one I have blogged about!

We had a party yesterday and even though its snowed like crazy, the snow stopped and everyone was able to get here (except great-grandma and grandpa) and we had a lovely time. The best was the fact that (my sister) Katrina bought a cupcake cake with bright green frosting that made every body's mouth turn really green and made for some great pictures! I'll post some pictures and a video for my sister, Anna who is in college and couldn't make it (they got about 2 feet of snow in Winona where we only got about 8-12).

In the video I walk you through our main level which is not very good for a party because it's broken up into a lot of little rooms. Someday, I'll have my dream home that's a giant box...all open so I can keep an eye on everyone (with a master suite so I can get away from all of them). This little house is okay for now and the kids probably like the fact that they can hide out in all the little nooks and crannies and get away from each other, too.

After everyone left last night, Mari chose to practice walking and even changed direction and initiated walking without prompting. I wouldn't call her "a walker" yet. Not until she gets up from the middle of the room, but I'm sure that will come only too soon. Now that she's walking like a big girl...I want her to stop and be a baby for a little while longer. I used to think that ONE was so old and that a one year old was really a toddler. Now I think that a one year old is still a baby. It's funny how your perspective changes as you have more children. Mari is talking and using sign language (although I'm not sure what many of her "signs" mean, but she does, and I guess that's important). Every day when Butch comes home from work she chats with him for the longest time. I think she's telling him what she did that day but all I know is she doesn't do that to me. Her narratives come complete with hand gestures and lots of words and vehement nodding to get her point across. It's hilarious. We just sit there in amazement that she has so much to say. She has such expression and personality we wonder what kind of big kid she's going to be. She's also figured out how to go down the stairs (Weazy claims that she taught her how to do that, yay for big sisters!) and she has taken to snuggling dollies and stuffed animals. If you pick her up for comfort, she'll give you this walloping hug complete with "pat pats" on the back which is the most awesome feeling, ever. She has a fake laugh and a fake cry which are so funny and she knows it which is funnier still. She's an amazing little girl. I have to go because she wants me to play dolly with her now. Here is that video of my family (this is what our typical family parties looks like, if there's anyone in my family that objects to this being on the blog, I may remove it so enjoy it while you can!)...