Friday, August 22, 2008

Psssst? *update

Hey.
Hey YOU!

You know, you there who's been reading my blog and laughing your head off for so long now.

You already feel like you know me.

After all, you USED to know me. Back when. Remember? Back when you called me your friend. We talked all the time and somehow (maybe around my third kid or so) we lost touch or had some sort of falling out (not sure which...does it matter anymore?) and you felt sort of bad but you had your life to live too and...

we just stopped being friends. Or even acquaintances. You moved away. I moved a little bit away (but never really far). We both grew up a little.

Then! ONE FATEFUL DAY YOU DISCOVERED THAT "GOOGLE" WASNT JUST A SITE...IT WAS ALSO A VERB!

(Years later, after you had forgotten all about me except for when you saw a picture of us together in your collection of Kodak disposable camera photos.)

You decided to Google my name (my real name with my married last name included...'cause you knew that).

You found this blog.

You went, "oh my GOSH! It IS her! She has 1,2,3,4,5...6 kids now!"

Then you called that person you live with over to see because they used to know me too or you told them about us one time...or showed him our pictures from the Kodak/yearbook/church directory.

You've been lurking here a long time and checking out this blog and reading the comments.

You feel like you actually kind of know me again.

Just like the good old days before I became a huge bitch and did something to make you mad, offended, feel strange and uncomfortable, or sad.

It was me, not you. I swear (okay, maybe it was a little you)

COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!

I promise I won't judge you. I just wish you wouldn't hide behind the anonymity of the internet (really, it's not very anonymous now, is it? After all, I found out you were here, didn't I?).

Please comment. Please Email (laura7550@yahoo.com). PLEASE CALL ME.

So much has happened since we last talked and I'd love to reconnect in some way, even if it's just to check up on each other and for me to know if you're still alive and well. I miss you and your family.

If you still don't feel like I've been addressing YOU, and YOU won't contact me...I guess I'll have to be okay with that but I have to say, it's not really that fair that you know so much about me and I really feel like YOU have fallen off the face of the earth.

(anybody who is not "YOU" but is a regular commenting friend, I will not post your comments or emails about this post...but I WILL read them and always appreciate them!)