Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Blahblahblah (plus a cute video of the crazykids)

Butch is sick. He came home early from work today with a killer sinus infection that affects every other of his body systems because of his allergies and asthma. He has a big, overtimey job coming up tomorrow and needs to be in top shape.

My running is going very well and I'm all jazzed up about a possible 5k this weekend and the half marathon in June. A friend of Trine's has parents that live in Duluth so I have a place to stay and will probably make a girl's weekend out of it.

Thomas' baptism will be this weekend.

We didn't get our stimulus check yet.

I was up for parish council. I didn't vote for myself because I figured if it was meant to be, I'd just get voted in. I didn't get voted in. I'm pretty sure people were voting AGAINST me. Not paranoid or anything, it's just a fact that I've made "enemies" with my big mouth. All I had to do was get in the top 3 of 5 for pete's sake. I have a feeling this church is going in a direction I am not willing to go and can't do anything about (not because I am not on the council! This was a long time in coming). I have leftover bad vibes from last fall that I will write about soon.

We went to my cousin's daughter's wedding this past weekend and it was really nice.

The grass is finally green.

All Kellogg's cereal is 50 percent off at Coborn's and I bought 20 boxes. I'm not kidding. I love cereal. This is like cereal heaven for me. I may go buy more. Plus, I am going on a tour of the General Mills factory this month. I may pass out from the thrill. I'm not kidding.

Weazy is driving me crazy right now because I told her we could check out dresses at the place I work. I'm looking for more of these (I work at the outlet for this store so we get the sale and clearance from a bunch of mall stores) for the wedding of our friend at the end of June. We want all our little girls to wear them. I already have one for Weazy and Gabby. They like to match.

I wish I had enough money to: build a fence in the back yard, pour a patio, finish finishing the basement, buy a backup camera for the bus, buy/build a cool playset for the kids, buy a little car so I don't have to haul the big bus around, buy a lawnmower for Butch, pay for Trina's braces all at once. Oh well. We'll just attack things a little at a time.

I don't understand "Divine Mercy". I just don't "get" it. I've read everything about it and the saint and all the history behind the devotion but I just don't get it. I don't get how I can say something like "I offer you the body and blood...In atonement for my sins and those of the whole world..." I don't get how I can say something like that. It's just words to me. They don't have any meaning. I don't understand how I can offer something that someone else already gave for something that someone else doesn't feel sorry for. It would be like saying, "Here mom, I'm going to give you an IOU of 50 bucks for the vase that my cousin broke when we were little. He's not sorry and won't ever give you the actual 50 bucks but it makes ME feel better to feel sorry for what HE did. See, dad gave ME 50 bucks to buy a new vase and I've really been enjoying it so I'm not actually going to give it to you because I gave you that IOU and that's good enough." Don't get me wrong. I like devotions and all, but this one is just plain goofy in my mind. I like the sound of the litany when it's sung ("...for the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!") but, quite frankly, that picture of Jesus with the USA flag colored rays shooting out of his heart has always seemed kind of tacky and creepy to me. Same with the picture of Sister Faustina. Sorry, but that's just the way I think about a LOT of images of Jesus (and Mary, especially the Medjugorje image, that one looks like a Miss USA model "Mary Barbie" or something) It's maybe just a matter of artistic vision?

Ughhhhh, I'm going to allow comments but I'm sure I'm going to regret it.