Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Day of The DEAD...

...is an apt name for us today. Yes, all here at the N...... household are saddened to announce the demise of Bionicle Boy the Fish. I smelled something wicked-rank emanating from somewhere in the kitchen and I was halfway through cleaning all of my dirty pots and pans that I have been saving up for a special occasion, when I glanced over at the fishbowl on the counter. Matty had asked me two days ago to clean it out because, "It's not MY fault that it's so dirty! Bocker put a whole ton of fish food in there and YOU LET HIM!". Ahem. That part might be true. I was looking at my email and right next to me Bocker was sneakily digging through Matty's desk drawers. I saw him with the fish food but I told him ONLY ONE and I guess he thought he knew more about fish nutrition than me.

Mama: (while the kids were working on the art project of the day...making dough figurines of Halloween stuff that they can paint later and I won't feel bad about throwing away because they are made of flour and salt instead of expensive play-doh.): Ahhhhh, kids, I have some good news and some bad news.

Kids: Give us the bad news first.

Mama: Matty's fish is officially dead (I had to specify the officiality because of mistaken states of deadness in the past)...but the good news is we don't have to clean out the fish bowl anymore!

Matty was NOT amused.