Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and the...Sleep?

I got tagged again! Christine wants to know what are my quirks so here goes:
1. What are my good quirks?
A. I love to find humor in every situation. It's like a coping mechanism.
B. I can get to the heart of the matter when my friends or family bring up a subject. I can condense an entire conversation down to a few, bare bones ideas that summarize. (This one comes in handy to avoid the B.S!)
C. I seem to attract friends with lots of "issues".

2. What are my bad quirks?
A. I still bite my nails when I'm reading...and I read A LOT!
B. I can't stand it when people say "expecially" or "Where's the (plural noun)" It actually gets my blood pressure going up, I gotta work on that one.
C. I seem to attract friends with lots of "issues".

3. What are my food quirks?
A. I can't eat squash. I love the look, the smell, the idea even of squash but when it comes right down to it...I can't do it. It sets off a childhood gag reflex and memories of my dad making it for dinner and saying things like, "Oh, it's soooo good for you!" while dumping about a pound of butter and even more brown sugar all over it!
B. I can't live without cereal. I have to have a bowl every night. It's an addiction. I need help.

4. What are my sleep quirks?
A. That's not a fair question as I am 9 months pregnant right now and I am surrounded by pillows. Pillow prison. When I try to get up out of bed for the 5th time at night I make the weirdest noises!
B. When I'm NOT pregnant, I have to have a blanket no matter how hot it is, to protect me from the monsters...and the mice. I haven't ever actually SEEN mice in my bedroom, but just in case...
C. It has to be completely dark for me to get any good sleep and I have to have a fan of some sort running. When we were little, we had a bedroom in the basement and I remember that I couldn't fall asleep until I heard the furnace or the AC kick in.

5. People I will tag with this quirky MEME:
Probably nobody right now, I've been bugging people lately too much as it is!