Friday, December 07, 2007

Random Facts. Nothing to See Here. Keep Clicking Away. Move Along. Do Not Read (Unless You Are Extremely Bored)

Well, I got zapped by Ironic Catholic in the comments section of my previous post.

Okay, I'll bite:


Rules: Each tagged person must post 8 random facts or habits about themselves on their blog. At the end of the post, choose 8 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment telling them that they are tagged and to read your blog. Have fun!


1. I bite my nails (still). In my defense, I do it when I'm reading and don't really realize I'm doing it. I read a LOT.

2. I have reddish-brown hair and I really used to love the color until I went and made a HUGE mistake by trying to cover the gray at my temples and now my hair is a stupid reddish-blackish-brownish-yuckish color. "16 washes" my sweet patooty!

3. My oven still doesn't work (but I did get a call from the repairman's wife who told me that the reason the part took so long to order was that they actually had to MANUFACTURE it. It should be fixed by next week. It hasn't worked since about June or July.

4. I hate it when anyone is in the kitchen while I'm cooking. I'd love to be one of those mamas who lets their children learn all kinds of wonderful lessons in the process of cooking dinner or baking bread from scratch. I'm not. I don't have the luxury of any space in my kitchen...and they are MESSY!

5. I don't have a special devotion to Mary. I know this is a biggie, but I just don't believe any of the apparitions really happened. Yes, even the "approved" ones. Please don't hate me. I don't think that people who DO have a devotion to Mary are in any way lesser because of it, I just don't have any belief in it. Do I believe that Mary could come to a someone/group of someones and give special messages? YES! (They are nice stories. My children know them all.) I believe it COULD happen, I just don't happen to believe it did. I honor all of the Marian feast days, name my children after Mary, love her deeply for saying "Yes", honor her as the Queen of Heaven, teach my children the Rosary and pray it with them, teach them all about her, etc...maybe I wish she would come to "visit" me. Maybe then I'd go for the apparitions and stuff? Man, it feels like I'm "coming out" or something. I have a funny feeling this one won't rest for a while!

6. I can install light fixtures.

7. I often forget that I need to be the "tooth fairy" and made up a story that "you must have been awake! The TF doesn't come when you are awake and in your room!" then sneak it in when they are eating breakfast.

8. I want to go see "The Golden Compass" (but I probably won't). Not because it looks like a good movie, but because so many people told me not to go (about 30 emails from different people! By the way, does any Catholic/Christian on the flamin' PLANET NOT KNOW that it's an anti-religion movie based on anti-religion books by NOW?!). It's the rebel in me, I'm sure.

December 8th is my brother, Rudy's birthday. Happy Birthday Rudy (even though I don't think he even knows I have this blog or would ever read it). 8 for the feast day, 8 things about me, 8 friends to bug with a meme on a weekend: Diana, K, Kelly, Antonia, Thorny , Megan, Trine, Anna