Monday, January 16, 2006

Reading for pleasure?

Okay, I have this thing where, no matter how horrible a book is, I can't not finish it. I sit there with a disgusted look on my face and gut through the awful thing like it's a bowl of rutabagas (yucky). It took me about three days to read "The Secret Life of Bees" Which I thought was so good. It made me hungry for honey and for the simple life of hard work and summertime. THEN I started to read "The Mineral Palace". NOT recommended. NOT worth even reading ONE page. The author was so descriptive about every, single detail that I would rather not know (a.k.a., t.m.i) and it was horribly depressing on EVERY page. There was not ONE redeeming thing about this horrendous book and I even threw it away...once I finished it. BLEchhhhhhhhppptthhhhh. I'll have to read a classic now, just to get the bad taste out of my mouth.