Thursday, February 11, 2010

Way Out West

I've always said that if the kids wanted to go to college, they'd have to pay for it themselves. I don't believe that if WE paid for it (which we can't, anyway), they wouldn't truly appreciate their education and would slack off and probably drop out or take it for granted and screw around in school. I remember from my sisters' school years, how they would be so appalled by the classmates who had everything paid for and acted spoiled and rude.

Well, I'm going to try to get all of the children to do the post-secondary option and, at least, get their first two years under their belts for free. I hope that will help them decide what they "want to be when they grow up" and how much they are willing to sacrifice to achieve an education beyond homeschool/community college/tech school.

BUT, if I DID have the money, I would use it to send them HERE in a heartbeat! Father's description of the place makes me want to sign them all up!