Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Did It. But Only Because I Love Her.

My very dear and close friend (with red hair, sassy attitude, and crazy laugh) just allowed herself to be interviewed, and I asked her to interview me.Instructions:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me".
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

So, here are the 5 questions with my answers...

1. Do you routinely get lost when driving somewhere you have been before?

ALWAYS. Because I see things in pictures, I feel so confident when I see landmarks that I just guess on the direction. My first, gut reaction is ALWAYS wrong. "Let's see, I think I turned LEFT last time (nope), hmmm, I don't remember THAT farmhouse!..."

When I was in the boonies, in WI last year for a girl's weekend, I went for a run and almost became a statistic. All I had to do was take ONE right and back track for a 4 mile run. I ended up running about 8 miles by the time I figured out where I went wrong. The other girls met me on their run and were relieved that they didn't have to send a search party.

Usually, it takes me about 5 times of going someplace before I know it by heart and don't get lost anymore...but that's no guarantee, either.


2. Why do you give your children and other family members nicknames?

I don't. That's the hubs' dealio. I think it's because he's been called "Butch" (not his given name) from pretty much birth. I think he doesn't like to be the only one. He gave all his friends nicknames. When I first met his friends, it was the longest time before I knew them by their REAL names...some examples?: Butta (boy), Fag (a girl), Hymen (boy), Leatherback (not to her face), Biddy, Shiner, Abby (boy), Mad Dog, Gorillahog...I'm sure there were more but you get the idea.

I did call my little sister "booger" when she was very little. I think she would not like that anymore.

3. What is your favorite thing about the Catholic faith?
Ooooo, good one! I think it would be the whole "you can be a complete ahole your whole life then repent and go to heaven at the last second" thing.

Just kidding. I love that it's the TRUTH. I'm into absolutes.


4. How loyal are you?

On a scale of 1-10, I'd say around a 9. For instance, if someone said, "Don't EVER tell anyone this, but..." then went and did something dangerous to themselves or another person, I would narc.

I love my friends and family but I do crazy things when I get betrayed. I think I have very high expectations for their loyalty (maybe too high, and not fair?). I've been known to fly off the handle and say mean things when I feel I've been "wronged". Also, I get very snipey and rude when I drink. I try not to drink more than one glass of wine unless I'm around people who understand that and love me anyway.

5. How has homeschooling changed you and your family?

Well, since we've never done anything else, I guess it hasn't changed a bit. It might have changed my bigger family (brothers, sisters, cousins) to understand that it's a possible option and not only freaks homeschool!) and given them a sort of "permission" to seek different ways of educating their children. It's maybe changed the way we WOULD have lived had we just sent them to school. I really think it's made me a more responsible person. I have to be accountable for what I neglect to teach them but I get the HUGE REWARDS and benefits much more often and in bigger quantities when what I do to teach them turns out right. Today, we are home with Daddy, playing Wii Outdoor Challenge for gym class (after schoolwork is done, which he helped with) and I can't imagine how boring it would be to be at school today! They would miss this time (precious thing) with their dad!

Whew, now you know more than you ever thought you wanted to know. If you want ME to interview YOU, go ahead and put "interview me" in the comments to this post and I'll email you some questions...
It's winter, it's boring, it's fortyfrickenbelow outside, you've got nothing better to do...right?